Sunday, May 10, 2015

Never tell me its impossible.

Don't.

Don't fucking tell me that it is impossible.

Why?

Because it simply is NOT impossible.

We are one of the most versatile and adaptable species on the planet. We are able to make great advances in technology, physics and science. So when you tell me something is impossible it takes every ounce of my being not to yell at you.

To many times I have heard or seen someone say "I can't do it. Its impossible. I'm to this, or I'm to that." Do not, give me, that bullshit. Do not tell me that lie! I know that it is not impossible. True. Right now, this instant. You cannot do that. You can't run. You can't workout. You can't excel. You can't get to where you want to be. But that is right now. At this exact moment in time.

A man once said that just because I can't do it today. Doesn't mean that I'm not going to be able to do it some day.

Did you hear that? Did you hear what that man said? Those are the words of a man who had lost the ability to walk, who was told by countless doctors "You will never run again." He gained weight. He lost all hope. Than an amazing thing happened. He tried. He didn't just try once. Or twice. No, he tried COUNTLESS times to walk. To just move of his own volition without the help of a walker, of canes of anyone. It  took him 6 months.

Six long painful months. Six months of falling on his face. Six months of emberassing himself. Six months of continuous painful effort. He lost 100 pounds. He got into a better shape. but you know the most important thing that happened to him? He not only was able to walk again. No, that's the easy thing. This man could RUN. He could run like he had remembered running.

He never gave up. He never quit. He refused to accept defeat and because of that determination. Because of the  hope that he held deep in his heart and soul he was able to not only able to walk again. But he was able to run and run swiftly.

The whole take away from this is that you are not weak. You are not powerless. Sure, for the time being it may SEEM to be impossible. But in the end, when it truly comes down to it you can do it. You can push yourself through the pain, the agony and the embarrassment. You can rise victorious through it all and stand at the top of the mountain and scream at the top of your lungs "I am here! I did it! AND I AM STRONG AGAIN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment